Tuesday, October 13, 2009

BLOG THE THIRTEENTH



I have finally returned from traveling the East Coast to promote The Squirrel Machine! Many thanks to the many fine people who graciously hosted the signings and helped me on my journey! My hope for humanity is restored!
The above photo is of me (relatively groomed) at my appearance at SPX. I had a fantastic time there. I got to be seated next to Gahan Wilson during my book-signing at the Fantagraphics table and chatted with him for most of the day. I also had the pleasure of meeting many other cartoonists (too numerous to list here) that I hold in very high esteem.
Other highlights of the book tour: Unexpectedly joining up with Ken Applebaum and attending a Comic Jam with The House of Twelve in New York. Having an informal round-the-table discussion with a polite (perhaps confused, nonetheless very pleasant) gathering at The Rabbit Hole in Fitchburg. MA. Encountering some impossibly talented artists at Casablanca Comics in Portland, Maine; they're a formidable force up there.
Also, during this time, The Squirrel Machine has gathered up considerable amounts of attention with the press. The reviews and interviews are simply too many to list here. To read them all, just click on the links provided here.

No comments:

Post a Comment