Sunday, November 15, 2009

BLOG THE SEVENTEENTH

"Youth is a blunder; Manhood a struggle; Old Age a regret. "

-Disraeli, Benjamin, 1st Earl of Beaconsfield

(Many thanks to E. Stephen for providing me with the handy quote.)
This being my seventeenth posting, I've decided to revisit my personal history from when I was still an adorable semi-virginal seventeen-year-old Hans Rickheit. The above photo was taken in 1989. I did not develop facial hair until I was well into my twenties.
Below are samples of the sort of thing I was drawing from that time period. I have many hundreds of pictures like these. Feel free to make your own judgments and write them in the comment section.









3 comments:

  1. Nice! Some very good linework also … curious how you retreated from that to a more stripped-down rendering.

    Bet you had lots of fun in high school

    ReplyDelete
  2. The viewing of this post caused me to have strange dreams. Well done, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As i look at these picture i spontaneously smelled them.
    They still smell the same. in my mind.

    ReplyDelete