Monday, February 7, 2011

ECTOPIARY. Page 61

ANOTHER PAGE OF ECTOPIARY IS READY TO READ.

I know that it's considered bad form to publicly criticize your own work. I'm not particularly happy with this page or the ones that follow. Scenes that boil down to simple conversations are problematic for me. It has been well-noted by others that my characters are not very emotive and tend to have a stiff appearance. This is something I hope to master before Ectopiary is through. Unfortunately, my readers will have to endure the results while I sledgehammer my way through this narrative.

I've been busy drawing yet another Cochlea & Eustachia strip for the upcoming POOD #3. Also, I am in the planning stages of another ambitious project to run concurrently with Ectopiary. Await further announcements.

Posted below is a comic strip that originally ran in The Stranger newspaper. I decided to exclude it from the upcoming FOLLY collection because of its inherent redundant quality.

2 comments:

  1. You do excellant work regarding details and textures so don't sell yourself short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you for your compliment. However, gestures and expressions are going to be something I'll focus on in future pages.

    ReplyDelete