Saturday, April 9, 2011

ECTOPIARY, Page 67

ECTOPIARY HAS RETURNED

The hiatus on the weekly comic was blessedly brief. Although I am still jobless, my finances are now sufficient for an (extremely) modest existence. During the next few months, I will be making some dramatic changes to the website to improve my chances of livelihood.

I do not have the words to express my gratitude to the individuals who helped me through this recent debacle. I'm genuinely deeply touched by the response to my last post. I don't know how I would have made it without all your generosity. Many, many thanks to you all!

Whilst struggling to eat & pay rent, I still found time for pursuits related to my comics and similar projects. Here are two interviews of interest:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/webcomics-ectopiary-110328.html

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/04/01/kleefeld-on-webcomics-9-interview-with-ectopiarys-hans-rickheit/

Also, a surprise review at Webcomics Overlook:

http://webcomicoverlook.wordpress.com/?p=8560&preview=true


On top of all this, my dear friend Kristina Dorn & I have nearly completed construction of the Cochlea & Eustachia puppets! More info can be gleaned from her site here.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you are doing better at the financial issue.

    I admire your work very much, though I must say that before purchasing The Squirrel Machine, I hadn't come across anything you had done.

    Thank God (no, not God, you) Evtopiary has returned. It's very beautiful, and it's also beautiful to see that there's people who isn't all about the money.

    I would like to do a presentation of Ectopiary on my comics blog, and I'm checking to see if you're ok with this (I mean about using some images). I hope you are.

    I've also written a review about The Squirrel Machine (http://2d-domain.blogspot.com/2011/01/squirrel-machine.html). If you have the time (and the mood), you can check it out. It's in greek, but there is a translate button.

    Anyway, I hope I didn't bore you. I hope you give me the green light for Ectopiary (although it just occured to me that I should have asked you about The Squirrel Machine also).

    Thank you for your time.
    Keep up the great job you're doing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. By all means, write about Ectopiary if you wish. You don't neeed my permission!
    I always enjoy reading reviews of my translated into English via Babelfish; very illuminating. I thank you!

    ReplyDelete