Monday, May 16, 2011

ECTOPIARY, Page 72

Another Page of Ectopiary has been pumped out.

Despite what Dale says on page 72, I don't think she'll grow up to be crazy. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I've been absorbed with lots of drawing and fretting over my financial future. Currently, I am collecting unemployment; it seems to be the only form of arts funding in the U.S. for slobs like me. As I may have stated before, I've been using this as an opportunity to develop a 2nd, more lucrative webcomic. I dread having to look for work. Too many precious hours of my life have been spent being some jackass' "employee." I have no desire to step back onto that odious treadmill.

Much of my life recently has been devoted to learning to live cheaply and minimizing obligations to other people. If I can spend the majority of my time drawing and making strange, beautiful things, I am a happier and healthier being.

For instance, this past weekend, now having the time to do so, I finally got some decent photographs of the original bear-head costume which precipitated the Unnamed Protagonist featured so prominently in many of my comics. Samples to follow:

No comments:

Post a Comment